Counseling and Care
The Emmanuel Counseling Center exists to provide health, healing and hope to individuals by applying God's Word to life challenges. The counseling that we provide is biblically based and Christ-centered. We believe that healing and wholeness is found in discovering God's design and principles for life.
- Bob Bruce (Pastoral Counselor) - Pastor Bruce as been in the pastoral ministry for over 30 years. He holds a Masters of Christian Ministries and a Masters of Divinity. He specializes in counseling men, couples, pre-marital couples, spiritual direction and crises counseling.
- Kim Fish (Clinical Counselor) - Kim has worked in the social service field for over 20 years. She holds LCSW and LMHC licenses in the state of Indiana and is a Registered Play Therapists - Supervisor. She specializes in working with women, children and families on a variety of issues. These issues include relationship difficulties, depression, anxiety ADHD, parenting, boundaries, and sexual abuse. She is passionate about helping others understand, embrace and live out their identity in Christ.
- Graduate Level Interns - We utilize interns from Huntington University who are training to be professional counselors. We have found the interns to be competent and well trained at providing counseling. They are enrolled in an intern program, receive weekly supervision from Kim Fish and receive supervision from the University.
Priority is given to individuals from Emmanuel Community Church. A person will be seen for a maximum of 6 sessions. At that time an evaluation will be made if more sessions are needed.
Our staff will see people from outside our congregation as schedules allow. There is an initial session and then a determination will be made if further sessions are needed.
Request an appointment
We make referrals to Christian counselors in the Greater Fort Wayne area:
- Dr. Dan Boen, Licensed Psychologist. Christian Counseling Centers of Indiana
- Dr. Jerry Davis, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC
- Cathy Jantzen, LLC
- Diane Stitzer, M.S.
- Dr. Carl Sovine
- Dr. Heath Lisenby, LMHC
- CornerstoneVision Counseling & Psychological Services
- LifeWorks Counseling & Consulting
GriefShare is a support group for those that are are grieving the death of a spouse, extended family member or a friend.
The group meets for 13 weeks in the fall each year.
Have questions or would like to sign up? Contact Pastor Bob Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DivorceCare is a video based support group for anyone who is separated or divorced. Each week you will learn how to cope with the effects of divorce and how to find healing.
The group meets for 13 weeks in January each year.
To find out more information, please contact Pastor Bob Bruce at email@example.com.
Memory Cafe is a place where individuals with memory loss and their caregivers can get together in a safe, supportive and engaging environment. It is a time and place where people can laugh, cry, find support, share concerns and celebrate without feeling embarrassed or misunderstood. The Cafe centers around socializing and support.
The group meets the 3rd Monday of each month in the Acts Room from 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
If you would like to attend or would like more information, please contact Pastor Bob Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.